We hired out for a nearly completely new kitchen. The only work we did ourselves was pulling crap down or putting up insulation, and the only things we kept were the lighting, some of the handles, and the refrigerator. It went well.
So, once that was completed, we had to pay attention to the bathroom again.
I finished adding studs to the new holes in the wall, the ones that used to be a giant attic door, and the old shelving. Fun fact -- the roof vents to the attic didn't go to the attic, they went behind the shelving box. Behind the shelving box was about 4 inches of clearance, and then more insulation. So, at some point, many many years ago, birds nested in there. I'm sure the owners at the time heard them. So they capped the vent. That was fun to discover when pulling out the shelving box. At least it had been many, many years.
We got someone to do the shower pan.
After a bunch of cleanup, we then got someone to sheetrock. They also put up the tile board at the same time, since it was easier to just get them aligned.
Taping is happening tomorrow (likely through Wednesday). With any luck, this weekend, we prime the walls and lay out the tile. Weekend after that, we'll tile the shower. Weekend after that, we tile the floor.
Just have to be finished by mid-May. :)