Saturday, April 13, 2013

Little Lessons Along the Way

I learned something new today. Always read the instructions, even if you think you know what you're doing. Today, we used some high strength oil-based Kilz to prime the ceiling of the bathroom. As it always is when rolling or brushing stuff on the wall or ceiling, the primer ended up in hair, on hands, or on face. The thing we didn't realize is that when using Kilz, you should have gloves, goggles, whatever else on, because otherwise, it is not coming off. That was fun.

Pro tip: Goo Gone works wonders on Kilz that is permanently attached to skin.

Anyway, sheet rock was taped, and we primed the walls and ceiling today. Looks even more like a room now. Tomorrow, ceiling gets painted, and we finish laying out the tile. My wife has a plan!



More updates as they come.

P.S.: My wife just commented that my last line regarding her having a plan means that I have an out if it doesn't work out. That's not the case. That's just my acknowledgement that I wasn't happy doing the task, so she took it up.

Also, if it doesn't work, it's totes her fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment